Life on Film. :)

Recently I bought an old school Canon film SLR (Canon A-1) off of craigslist and started experimenting with it.  I learned photography in the digital age so I figure it’s a fun way for me to hone in my skills!!

Here are some images from the very first roll of film that I ever shot on a film SLR (shocking isn’t it?).

cactuses-film

The awesome thing about having bunnies is that I always have cute models for me to practice photography on at anytime!

june-chill-film

bunshopsfilm

june-film

In two weeks I will be attending Jonanthan Canlas‘ Film is not Dead workshop.  He is such an awesome photographer and I’m looking forward to learn from him and a community of like minded photographers! I am actually really nervous about going to the workshop.  I hope I don’t suck since I have so little experience with film photography. But hey that’s why I’m attending the workshop!

By the way, I also started a springform.me account – where people can ask me anything! :)  If you have any photography related questions, you can ask me over there and I will do my best to answer them! :)

July 16, 2010 - 11:36 am

Wai Reyes These are great, Cindy! Can’t wait to see what you shoot at the workshop!

July 16, 2010 - 12:08 pm

Orange Turtle Thanks Wai!! ~cindy

July 16, 2010 - 2:03 pm

Emily Faulknor Way to keep challenging yourself Cindy. We should go out and shoot film together for the heck of it. Where did you get these processed?

July 16, 2010 - 3:20 pm

Orange Turtle Emily – yes we shoot! Let’s figure out a time and do it. :) I got these processed at mpix.com – they have film services (the exact link is http://mpix.com/Product.aspx/film). It’s super easy and affordable.

July 16, 2010 - 3:21 pm

Cindy I took a film photography class at UCSD and it was one of the hardest art classes I’ve ever taken, but it was SO FUN. You never know what gems (and trash) will come out of your camera. The printing process was also really interesting.

July 16, 2010 - 5:09 pm

tim that’s so cool! What kind of film did you shoot? So awesome that you’re going to the workshop

July 27, 2010 - 10:26 pm

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS that bunny of yours is so cute!

Your email is never published or shared.

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

* t w i t t e r *