Film is not Dead * Part 3 finale.

see {preview}, {part 1} and {part 2} .

So here it is, my last and final post of Film is Not Dead Workshop. All images are shot with manual focusing on my Canon A-1 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.

The B&W shots are from day one of the workshop.  I didn’t bring enough color film so I had to use my roll of B&W (Kodak Professional BW 400CN).  I’m so glad that the situation sort of forced me to use it because I love how they turned out.

beach3 beach2 beach

Here are some shots from day 3 of the workshop.  It was a super bright day…and we shot right in the middle of the day. :)

Film – Fujifilm Pro 400H

shay-randy2

shay-randy

braedon3 braedon2 braedon1

As you can see, I’m not super good at shooting film yet.  I have every intention to get better though – both at metering and manual focusing.   If and when I do have some extra budget, I would love to invest in a better film camera.

My other goal for the next coming year is to shoot more personal stuff and have the attitude that I’m shooting for myself.  This is an important step for me to refine my own photography voice. Up until now, I think Orange Turtle already has its own distinct style.  But I want to refine it even more…and hopefully, at some point I can articulate my philosophy on photography. :)

August 24, 2010 - 5:30 pm

stephen anthony these film shots are amazing

August 24, 2010 - 5:36 pm

Julie Cruz Gorgeous images. Seriously….you are amazing! :)

August 24, 2010 - 5:45 pm

estherjulee ditto! they look amazing!! makes me want to take the workshop too. :) do you think you’re going to start mixing in some film?

August 25, 2010 - 10:42 am

Daniel Loved this entire series! Especially loved the quality of the second set on this page. Did you do any digital post besides scanning? This makes me want to dust off my own film camera and see how it feels again.

August 25, 2010 - 11:11 am

Orange Turtle Thanks everyone!!! :)

@Esterjulee – I would love to mix in some film but the cost will go up…so I probably won’t for now. :)

@Daniel – hey Daniel!! :) I didn’t do any post processing other than sharpening the images a bit before blogging. Otherwise the scans are straight out what I got from the lab (Richard Photo Lab in LA). The colors in Film is yummy!!!

August 26, 2010 - 11:47 am

lydia you are an awesome photographer Cindy! :)

August 30, 2010 - 12:26 pm

George Rivera Great photos!! I went on Craigslist and got a sweet deal on a film camera set. A Canon AE-1 and Canon AE-1 Program, 4 lenses, x2 extendor, 2 flashes and a bag for $125!! I love the idea of shooting for yourself. Great inspiration, thanks!! :)

September 26, 2010 - 6:27 pm

Cesar Pinedo Great blog.. Congrats..

Your email is never published or shared.

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

* t w i t t e r *