* Film Is Not Dead Workshop * Part 1

Last week I posted some previews of the workshop – shots that I took from my 5D MarkII.  Today I’m going to show you some photos taken on film! I got these images back earlier than the rest of them because I got it developed at Walgreens.  You heard it right – WALGREENS!  Did you know that they still process films? While I can’t say that they did a fantastic job, they certainly did OK in my opinion.  It was a fast 1 hr turn around and they gave me a photo CD along with the negatives all for less than $8.  For the price that I paid I can’t really complain!!  Here are some of my fav images from my first roll.

All images are SOOC, shot on a Canon A-1 and a 50mm f/1.8 with manual focusing.

Shay+Randy-011

Shay+Randy-012

As you can see, the colors are a little bit more soft and desaturated than my usual digital images but I like it!  I think it works.  It was also overcast at the beach so I don’t think it’s Walgreens’ fault that the sky appeared to be a little gray.

Shay+Randy-009

Shay+Randy-008

Shay+Randy-007

Shay+Randy-006

Shay+Randy-005

Shay+Randy-004

Shay+Randy-003

Shay+Randy-002

Shay+Randy-001

I sent the rest my stuff to Richard Photo Lab and I won’t get those back until next week.  That means that I will be blogging more images from the workshop next week (hopefully)!  I can’t wait to get my scans/prints back from RPL!

August 9, 2010 - 10:57 am

Manus i like these.

August 9, 2010 - 11:45 am

Cindy This looks like a J.Crew or Anthro photoshoot! I love it! The soft colors and gray sky make it so dreamy.

August 9, 2010 - 11:55 am

Cindy – Orange Turtle Thanks guys! :)

August 9, 2010 - 12:40 pm

Julie Cruz Those are GORGEOUS! Love the look of them….and NO post processing!? Talk about a dream come true!
P.S – Whatcha doing tonight? Bobby and I are shooting PJ and Izzy (for head shots) around 5:30/6:00pm if you wanna come along ;) I’m pretty sure we’ll (at least PJ and I) will be heading to CFA afterwards ;)

August 9, 2010 - 1:27 pm

Eliza Wong The pics look great. Most of the time, the technician chooses one picture as the reference for color and light adjustment. Thus the rest of the roll will develop by the machine using this color/light setting. I miss the manual photo develop service.

August 9, 2010 - 10:59 pm

Calvina this are great! you’re tempting me to whip out my old 35mm. :)

August 17, 2010 - 1:21 pm

Lisa M These are gorgeous! I love the softness of the colors and her skin is so creamy and beautiful. Very romantic and dreamy shoot for sure!

October 25, 2011 - 7:13 am

Li Totally not bad for Walgreen’s. In fact I’m rather impressed!

Your email is never published or shared.

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

* t w i t t e r *