The Hunger Games Inspired Editorial Photo Shoot

The Hunger Games Inspired photoshoot

I’m so excited to share this Hunger Games inspired editorial photoshoot with you guys!  Last year, I threw out an idea of doing a hunger games inspired photoshoot on facebook.  At that point I wasn’t really seriously planning to do it – I just threw it out there to see if people would even be interested in seeing something like.  To my surprised, several of my talented friends immediately volunteered to help me out! Within less than 30 minutes, I got an amazing stylist (my dear friend Cindy Chan from Cation Designs), make-up artist, hair dresser and amazing models to play the role of Katniss, Peeta and Effie Trinket for this shoot. :)  Everyone on the team blew me away with their hard work and professionalism! I hope you guys will enjoy this inspired shoot as much as we (the creative team) enjoyed creating it!

If you want to read more about how the costumes come together, go over to Cation Designs to check out some behind-the-scene awesomeness!

“District 12”

Effie Trinket.

“Welcome to the Capital!”

“Girl on Fire.”  Her ‘girl on fire’ dress is designed and handmade by Cindy Chan.

“The Arena” – There are so many images that I am totally in love with.  The intensity and chemistry between ‘Katniss ‘ and ‘Peeta’ were off the chart.

“May the odds be ever in your favor.”
I’ve already gotten my tickets to the opening show of the Hunger Games already! I can’t wait until Thursday night (midnight)!!! AHHHHH!!
If you love Hunger Games, leave some comment love below and share this post around!
Credits:
Stylist/Costume: Cindy Chan || Cation Designs
Make up: Alice Matagora
Hair: Jessica Bantigue
Katniss: Jeanine
Peeta: Ryan
Effie Trinket: Shayna
March 20, 2012 - 1:22 pm

Erica Schneider {Acres of Hope Photography} Really creative, Cindy! You told the story really well. You went so much more in-depth than the other Hunger Games shoots I’ve seen. So fun!

March 20, 2012 - 1:39 pm

Melissa McClure Love it!!! Getting me excited for the movie! Love all the images, but that last one pulls at my heart strings. ;-)

March 20, 2012 - 2:10 pm

Shannon SO FREAKING COOL! This is one of the most awesome shoots I’ve ever seen. The characters are spot-on and I love the girl-on-fire dress! Effie looks awesome and the poses are perfect. Two thumbs way up! Beautiful Pics!!

March 20, 2012 - 2:42 pm

Cindy It was so fun being part of such an awesome team! Thanks for the opportunity to make such a not-practical-for-daily-wear dress :)

These pictures turned out way better than anything I imagined! OT does it again!

March 20, 2012 - 3:27 pm

Neeno WOW.
I found your blog through Cindy’s Cation Design blog (i read her blog religiously).
Your photoshoot looks amazing!!!!
Going to check out the rest of yiur blog now :)

March 20, 2012 - 4:05 pm

Cindy {orange turtle| @Erica – Thanks so much!! :) We are all huge fans of hunger games so we want to stay true to the story as much as we can! It means so much to us to hear that you notice that!
@Melissa – I’m SO EXCITED for the movie! HAHA
@Shannon – Seriously everyone did such an amazing job! Thank you!!
@Cindy – Yay!! I’m so glad that these pictures didn’t let you down! I was worried that my pictures didn’t do your gof dress justice!
@Neeno – Thank you!!! And welcome to our blog!

March 20, 2012 - 5:29 pm

Alice It looks SO AMAZING!!!!! Shayna, Jeanine, and Ryan are such pros!! And you and Daniel OF COURSE did not disappoint!! I am super excited for what kind of traffic this shoot generates for you all. :) Thanks for letting me be a part of the process!

And just so everyone knows. I threw the paper. The most important part of the shoot. ;)

March 21, 2012 - 12:09 am

Candy SO AMAZING! I totally forgot that I was looking at my friends for a second. So great!!

March 21, 2012 - 11:35 am

Mimi Looks awesome guys! I’ve never seen Jeanine look so serious…she and Ryan make a great pair…but Shayna tops it all as Effie! Really great work!

March 21, 2012 - 12:32 pm

Brett You two KILLED this shoot! Great work friends!

March 28, 2012 - 4:25 pm

Linda This is so awesome, creative and fun! Love the pics. Have you seen the Japanese version of Battle Royale? :P

April 3, 2012 - 12:53 pm

Orange Turtle Thank you everyone!! :)

August 20, 2012 - 11:53 pm

Nat dnick and i finally watched this movie and then looked at these awesome photos. great work!!!!! :D

September 26, 2015 - 4:45 am

Margaret Maybe it’s time she moved to her own bed? Maybe she would sleep better there? I wahectd a video when Shey was going through waking up at night and this was it’s advice in a nutshell. Put them in the bed and sit beside them, but don’t talk. Stay until they go to sleep. Then every night, you slowly work your way to the door. That way, they know you’re still there, but they learn to go to sleep on their own. It’s rough, but it might work. I did it with Peyton when we moved him to a big bed.

April 17, 2012 - 5:41 pm

#19 – A snapshot of Social (media) Justice « It's ok if you don't understand. […] a dress for a Hunger Games themed photo shoot done by my other good friends, the Lowe’s from Orange Turtle Photography (pronounced Or-anj […]

October 30, 2012 - 12:11 am

#25 Read through a book series « littlemisscandid […] But reading the books was worth it just so that I could truly appreciate the inspiration for the photo below.  My brother-in-law and sister, smoldering it up for the amazing folks at Orange Turtle Photography.  See more photos from the amazing shoot here. […]

October 30, 2012 - 12:12 am

#25 Read through a book series « littlemisscandid […] it up for the amazing folks at Orange Turtle Photography.  See more photos from the amazing shoot here. Peeta and Katniss. Photo Credit: Orange Turtle […]

Your email is never published or shared.

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

* t w i t t e r *